SkillStorm is seeking a SQL Developer for one of our clients in Plano, TX.
This position is responsible to help consolidate multiple database servers into one and upgrade the application from SQL server 2008 to 2016
- As Senior level resource with well documented SQL Programming experience (SQL 2016)
- An individual who is well exposed to all the applicable SQL Server components (Database, SSIS, etc.) and how they communicate to each other.
- Someone well versed in coding best practices and performance tuning
- A resource who has advanced knowledge of every “Index”: types, when to use which index, fragmentation/de-fragmentation, candidate keys, etc.
- A programmer who sees the bigger picture when designing applications as to how a change (though logical) can potentially have negative affect when looked at in a bigger picture.
- Someone who can look at code and is able to identify areas which can be improved for better performance.
- A resource who has previous SQL Migration experience and knows how to address challenges introduced during migration.
- Because of nature of the project we need someone who can take the lead and work independently.
Nice to have:
- Resource with good SQL DBA experience (Hardware, network, Memory, etc.)