IN our environment we are working to revolutionize the experience of managing health, conducting biomedical research, and understanding disease. We seek to improve upon ways to analyze data in real time to anticipate and predict outcomes.
Our team is seeking a highly motivated Mid-Level Database Developer to contribute to the development and administration support of a large federal IT project. The candidate should have a solid understanding of database development and management, and should be able to perform quality control, transform data via ETL processes, debug and analyze code, and work with team members to ensure a high quality end product.
- Provide development and administration support for numerous MS SQL databases in a client-server development environment including T/SQL development (stored procedures and triggers), SQL and index performance tuning, and database design and file storage
- Develop and maintain Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) scripts, using MS SQL Server Integration Services, SQL scripts, and ETL schedules
- Develop and implement all database indexing, maintenance, backup, transformations, and stored procedures
- Work with business analysts to fully understand business requirements and convert into appropriate technical solutions
- Provide accurate estimates of effort required to complete assignments
- Conduct reviews to ensure all code passes organizationally-mandated code reviews and audits
- Complete assignments according to the established deadlines
Requirements: must be able to work W2
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in database design, development and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of transactional database and data warehouse architecture, design, and development (star schema, high dimensional model, fact tables, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of relational database's objects and their functions
- Demonstrated experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Scripts
- Familiarity with backup & recovery, performance tuning and optimization.
- Extensive data migration skills and working experience with ETL concepts and tools
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.