SNI Technology is on the search for a talented SQL Report Developer for a 6+ month contract opportunity in Tampa, FL.
This position will report to the Director of Information Technology and will work collaboratively with Data Engineers, other IT staff, and business stakeholders to create, convert, maintain, and support reports for all areas of the business.
- Partner with leadership and internal stakeholders to understand business and end-user needs, gain subject matter expertise and assess key opportunities, then design and implement high quality data and reporting solutions.
- Communicate with report consumers and other stakeholders to elicit and document reporting requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Design, document and develop functional and technical specifications, report mock-ups, prototypes, and final delivery of reporting solutions.
- Proactively work to improve and automate reporting processes.
- Administration and configuration of SSRS servers.(Nice to have)
- Develop ad-hoc queries and stored procedures for data validation.
- Ability to troubleshot and maintain existing reports and databases and assist with resolving problems when they arise.
- Exposure to database development and design.
- Partner with the team in developing and implementing process improvements for data & reporting teams as needed.
- The development and implementation of standards, procedures, and all required controls for reporting development as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, certification or experience.
- Strong experience in reporting systems and development (3-5 years)
- Strong desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based environment
- Knowledge of SSRS is highly preferred.
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with report scheduling tools, including establishing and maintaining data driven subscriptions
- Familiarity with source control applications, such as Team Foundation Services
- Highly self-motivated and directed and able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong problem-solving abilities, team player, ability to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Able to conduct research into database/reporting development issues and products
- Experience diagnosing and resolving errors in complex reports
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices
- Healthcare/Insurance industry reporting experience a plus but not required