Business Area: System Development and Software Support.
-Must possess Leadership potential to lead and eventually manage other DBAs in the future!
The Senior Database Administrator, under the direction of the Senior Director of Systems Development and Software Support, is responsible for the overall development, integration and coordination of database activities. The Database Administrator will also be responsible for the maintenance, support and reporting functions of Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
This position will be expected to work under the supervision of senior database administrators and coordinate activities for peer review under their guidance. A database administrator in this position must have the skill set to function adequately with SQL querying for data analysis and database updating in complex schemas.
Other duties will include database backups/restores, database cloning and refreshing, index tuning. Knowledge of SQL Server administration tools, SQL Agent jobs and security are desired. Working knowledge of Reporting Services and SSIS are a plus.
1. Responsible for execution of administration and support duties regarding databases. This includes communicating with affected users, researching current databases in
use and developing a base of knowledge for support of an integrated database
2. Understands and addresses the need for data management, collection, recording and reporting.
3. Assists in the implementation of database software and Applications, including training users on using the software, developing and maintaining documentation, etc.
4. Responsible for making the necessary changes and enhancements to the systems and software as new initiatives are implemented.
5. Administers user accounts, rights and security roles. Conducts quarterly audits of
users and ensures HIPAA compliance.
6. Assists in the preparation and distribution of data reports.
7. Provides assistance to Network Services staff as requested.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
9. Strong Communication with offsite DBA's.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.