Job Description: SQL Server DBA
Location: REMOTE- Clients Must be local/able to get too Holmdel, NJ in Summer 2021
Position Type: 6 Month Contact to Hire
All Qualified Candidates must be authorized to work in the US under a w2 and with no present or future visa sponsorship requirements
The qualified candidate will assert themselves into complex project assignments where they will represent the Database team in all dialogued and decisions around the architecture, deployment, and/or management of database environments. The individual will also take a role in the definition of operational best practices and automation of operational tasks.
To succeed at this function requires the individual to present subject-matter expertise on the SQL Server platform with real world experience performing field operations support.
Technical Skill Qualifications:
- 10+ years of SQL Server DBA experience
- Strong experience with SQL Server Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping
- Experience with SQL coding and tuning
- Must be a hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DB tasks
- Deep knowledge with SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 databases
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required. Must be able to improve SQL performance
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers)
- Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs, shell scripts, PL/SQL, cron, or other technologies
- Expert level of SQL Server RDBMS installation/configuration, patching, troubleshooting, performance tracking/tuning, back-up recovery, remote monitoring skills with hands-on experience in large and very dynamic environments
- Experience with very complex database environments
- Experience in SQL/TSQL and/or PL/SQL
- Experience in working controlled environment, change control, and validated systems
- Experience with AWS/Cloud
- Experience with Foglight and OEM is a plus
- Experience on Oracle RDBMS is a plus
Functional Skill Qualifications:
- Strong commitment to following SDLC/Change Management principles
- Self-starter and be able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction
- Knowledge of data quality, data management and data testing strategies and practices
- Strong oral and written skills
- Able to communicate efficiently to technical and non-technical audiences
- Anticipate and handle critical situations
- Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible cooperative work style including hours.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!