Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Rockville, MD, Bedford, MA, or Irving, TX offices.
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you will be a hands-on SQL Database Administrator (DBA) in a HADR environment with multiple clustered servers and daily DBA activities. SQL DBA activities include, but are not limited to, installation, configuration, importing/exporting, patch installs, capacity planning, backup and recovery of mission critical databases. Support 200+ SQL servers and 500+ databases in clustering/HADR environment (Always On, Active Passive) and databases 5 TB + in size.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Manage database design, creation, and maintenance.
2. Analyze database requirements of the user department, applications programming, and operations.
3. Submit recommendations for solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup/recovery.
4. Perform performance tuning, capacity planning, Partitioning, and back-up/recovery activities.
5. Coordinate research, planning and implementation of new database installations, upgrades and patches.
6. Control system capacity for existing requirements and plan for future needs.
7. Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues.
8. Maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
9. Provide 24/7 production support on a rotation basis.
10. Review/audit overall system security and data integrity.
11. Define and develop a database monitoring facility.
12. Identify and resolve all database performance issues.
13. Act as a subject matter expert for less experienced team members.
14. Export and Import data Prod and Non Prod Environments
15. Act as lead for migrating SQL Server to higher versions.
16. Responsible for data security and Integrity with HIPAA requirements
17. Responsible for establishing best practices, standards and enforcing security mechanism
18. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
19. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
20. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.