TEKsystems has a need for a SQL Server Developer for contract to hire opportunity in the Schaumburg area. Ideal candidate will have some lead experience as well.
Senior Data Integration Developer
* Collaborate with internal customers, prospects and stakeholders, understand and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
* Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams and documents source to target mapping and process.
* Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion
* Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to hands on design and development of large complex ETL jobs.
* Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
* Validate data integration routines by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
* Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
* Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement.
* Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques
* 7+ years of experience in Data Warehousing.
* 5+ Years of development leveraging the Microsoft SQLServer.
* 5+ years in SSIS and use of Stored Procedures.
* 1 Year experience in Azure Data Ware house, Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs preferred
* Strong understanding of data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
* Deep understanding of relational database design concepts and SQL programming
* Experience guiding/mentoring developers with lesser experience.
* Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong experience with data warehousing design principles and industry best practices.
* Bachelor's degree - preference in computer/information sciences or business/commerce.
* Strong communications skills - oral and written
* Self-starter with strong work ethic
* Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned
* Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions
* Professional demeanor, working with senior level managers and vendors
* Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
* Strong sense of accountability, adaptability, flexibility and a sense of urgency.
* Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
* Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices.
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.