LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
As a member of our dynamic team, you will provide site safety engineering support through participation in the identification and resolution of safety related problems and define improvement opportunities. The individual in this position is responsible for safety and health compliance with state and federal regulations and other LyondellBasell Industries related safety and health standards. You will interface with a diverse group of customers, including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies.Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of assigned site safety and health programs/systems.
- Interact with operations and other plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory and procedure requirements.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the units and processes to which the regulations and requirements must be applied and be able to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Be the LYB liaison for 3rd party security contractor
- Support and provide direction to the site's safety and/or industrial hygiene programs.
- Adapt to the situation at hand and be able to bring problem situations under control.
- Able to execute a plan for all aspects of the site's occupational health and/or safety programs.
- Develop specific scope and objective and determine necessary tasks and resources.
- Take action to create an opportunity by proactively looking ahead.
- Establish measurements, monitor performance and progress.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks, but also able to relinquish tasks that can be performed by support staff or less-seasoned professionals.
- Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions where rule ambiguity exists.
- Demonstrated Leadership behaviors and skills are critical to this role.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, health and safety, industrial hygiene, or technical related field
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Regulatory and technical knowledge. Must possess a strong knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Candidate is recognized as having technical expertise in core areas of responsibility. Additionally, requires a working knowledge of industrial hygiene, incident investigation, and behavioral safety; and is expanding knowledge in areas such as process safety and loss prevention
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to help the HSE department, operations, and other functional groups implement those process changes or procedures necessary to comply with the regulations and requirements
- Able to communicate across multiple levels within the site and in different group setting
- Ability to represent company with regulatory agencies
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston