LyondellBasell's Bayport Complex is a group of manufacturing facilities located 25 miles south of downtown Houston in the Bayport Industrial District in Harris County adjacent to both La Porte and Pasadena, Texas. The complex consists of three manufacturing sites that produce polypropylene, propylene oxide, tertiary butyl alcohol, ethylene oxide, and derivatives. The complex comprises over 1100 employees and contractors, encompasses an area over 800 acres, and manufactures over 8 billion pounds a year of products.
The Bayport SIS Engineer is experienced and knowledgeable in the design and maintenance of Safety Instrumented Systems. The role is part of the Bayport Reliability Group supporting continuous reliability and plant performance improvement. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, capital project, and maintenance groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant safety and reliability performance. This is a direct hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, and employee discounts. Relocation is available.
- Leads the implementation and maintenance of Safety Instrumented Systems that meet availability requirements by translating Process Hazard Analysis requirements into technical design specifications and preventive/predictive maintenance strategies.
- Ensures design, installation, and maintenance of safety systems in accordance with ANSI/ISA-84.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans. Supports development of procedures for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Pre-startup Acceptance Tests (PSAT) for new and modified SIS systems.
- Ensures proper documentation of SIS systems.
- Participates in the development of and ensures the proper documentation of Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Provides expert guidance and technical support to process engineers in the development of Process Hazard Analysis requirements.
- Consults with peers at the site and across the company.
- Serves as a resource and conduit to share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site and company.
- Provides technical support/expertise in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and the modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and the evaluation of equipment and technical service providers.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve safety, reliability, and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost.
- Leads or participates in incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Manages risk to the achievement of the organization's strategic objectives in the areas of health and safety, environmental, asset capability, quality, and production.
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable discipline from an accredited university
- 8 years minimum relevant experience in instrumentation and safety instrumented systems design, installation, and maintenance
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Safety Instrumented Systems
- Functional Safety Expert Certification from one of the three major providers (CFSE, ISA, TÜV)
- Ability to drive continuous safety and reliability improvements in equipment installations and work processes
- Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.