Sales Engineer – Hargray Fiber
Are you looking for a career where you can use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems? Are you persuasive and enjoy selling products that require extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use? Then you should join the Hargray Fiber Team as a Sales Engineer!
The Sales Engineer is responsible for providing all the necessary pre- and post-sale support to the direct sales organization to maintain existing revenues as well as to increase monthly recurring revenue (MRR) through the conversion of existing non-MRR customers and the addition of new customers. The ideal candidate for this position will serve as a gateway for market intelligence on changing customer needs in the marketplace, as well as create solutions using current, new and emerging technology to accommodate those needs.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across 8 locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-sale engineering support to the sales team for complex, technical and integrated solutions.
- Provides pre-sale technical assessments of customer data networks with written documentation and Site Books.
- Produce IT Road Maps for customers based on findings from interviewing business leaders within the customers.
- Works closely with the customer, vendor, operations, construction and engineering departments on designing, crafting and delivering the best possible solutions.
- Assists in training initiatives on existing, new and emerging technologies.
- Provides all ongoing post-sale support for continued business activity.
- Calls on new and existing customers to discuss new applications.
- Supports the sales team with technical assistance answering RFP requirements and customer presentations when required.
- Works with product development and marketing teams to provide customer focused new services for Hargray.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the Sales Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Voice and Data Network design, implementation and support.
- 3+ years of engineering and technical account management experience.
- Business sales experience, either to a varied eternal customer base or a large internal customer base.
- An in-depth knowledge of LAN / WAN technologies and a thorough knowledge if IP Based Networks and Router technologies.
- A broad knowledge Data Networks / Routing / Firewalls / Data Storage / Backup & DR / Hosted Services / IP Telephony / Internet / Ethernet / Virtualization.
- An in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server, Exchange and Active Directory.
- Experience with VMware.
- Experience with EMC Storage is preferred, but alternatives are acceptable.
- A developing understanding of emerging technologies.
- Possess a consultative approach to providing customer solutions.
- Knowledge of PC based applications.
- Project Management ability.