Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight?
At Hargray Fiber our Sales team is looking for a Sales Engineer who will be responsible for providing all the necessary pre and post-sales technical support to the direct sales organization in order to grow and maintain revenues, as well as to pull high margin custom applications through the appropriate sales channels. This team member will also be the gateway for the market intelligence on changing customer needs in the marketplace as well as solutions using current, new and emerging technology to accommodate those needs.
We aren’t for everyone, so if you enjoy the status-quo or if you aren’t ready to challenge and motivate yourself- well we will be here when you are. But if you are ready to use your talents in a team environment-don’t delay, apply NOW!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides pre-sale engineering support to the sales team for complex, technical and integrated solutions.
- Works closely with the customer, vendor, operations, construction and engineering departments on designing, crafting and delivering the best possible solutions.
- Assists in training initiatives on existing, new and emerging technologies.
- Communicates market trends, new customer requirements and new technologies to product development and network engineering groups for the development of new products and technologies to meet customer needs.
- Provides assistance in the development of pricing to support solution alternatives
- Possess a consultative approach to providing customer solutions.
- Strong experience in developing long-term business relationships with key technical decision makers in business organizations.
- Calls on and participates in appointments with new and existing customers to discuss new applications.
- Works on network and premise designs and crafting solutions based on customer needs and applications. This would include pricing strategies, technical service assurance.
- Supports the sales team with technical assistance answering RFP requirements and customer presentations.
- Works with product development and marketing teams to provide customer-focused new services for Hargray.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the Sales Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in voice/data/video communications services
- 3+ years of engineering and technical account management experience
- Business sales experience
- In-Depth knowledge of LAN / WAN technologies and a thorough knowledge if IP Based Networks and Router technologies
- A broad knowledge of Centrex / ISDN / Voicemail / Data Networks / Frame Relay / IPVPN / VoIP / Internet / Ethernet / ATM and SONET technologies
- A developing understanding of emerging technologies
- Possess a consultative approach to providing customer solutions
- Knowledge of PC based applications
- Project Management ability