LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LOCATION: VIRTUAL WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES
APS US/CAN Regional Sales Manager leads subset of APS (US/CAN) Transportation Sales Team, comprised of Transportation Market Segment and oversees specific assigned areas of the relationship between the business and the marketplace. This role Reports into APS (US/CAN) Sales Manager - Transportation. The sales team not only promotes APS products, but is as well LyondellBasell's direct sales channel for all polymers sold into Transportation market segment, including but not limited to PPC, PP, Catalloy, PB1, and PE based resins as well as legacy A. Schulman product gradesRoles & Responsibilities
Accountability in terms of the service provided, the client served, the business result and the departmental goals supported).
- Leads the assigned subset of commercial organization with Sales reporting to this position.
- Participates in APS (US-CAN) Transportation annual budget development for each BU represented.
- Participates in annual bottoms-up business planning process for APS (US-CAN) - Transportation.
- Responsible to insure all commercial aspects of the business are handled according to company compliance guidelines / policies: Contract negotiations, contracts/price agreement implementation, records retention, PRMP, pricing, SOX compliance, quote administration, and rebate administration.
- Responsible for X-communication (bi-weekly calls, sales meetings, etc.) of assigned team activities with all BUs represented by APS (US-CAN) Sales team to insure proper implementing non-APS BU objectives and communicate status of segment sales.
- Works with Sales Manager to translates business unit goals and strategies to tactical action plans and sets supporting performance objectives for assigned commercial team members.
- Responsible to monitor market trends at assigned Transportation customers (Sales) and translate industry material needs to new material development projects working with APS Technical Manager (Americas).
- Assures proper positioning of LYB product(s) - All BUs - on key channel platforms to ensure continued sales expansion / growth in high value applications.
- Is responsible for Account strategies to maximize overall contribution margin and drives growth to expand overall margin.
- Supports Finance and Director of APS (US-CAN) with the following:
- Supports Marketing Team with Monthly 12 month rolling forecast in terms of volume and price by BU for segment for each BU represented.
- Supports Marketing Team for Monthly SOX Compliance Price Check of invoice pricing vs. Price Agreements or Contracts.
- Supports Marketing Team with Quarterly attest (sign-off) to rebate accrual for assigned BUs
- Supports APS (US/CAN) Sales Manager - Transportation and Director, APS (US/CAN) Sales as required in regional BU overview meetings with Senior VP Level in both presentation development, business overviews presentations, and contract approvals.
- Supports APS (US/CAN) Sales Manager - Transportation to develops and establish commercial scorecard (KPI dashboards), approved by Director, APS (US/CAN) Sales, providing transparency of performance to the commercial team and business unit at large.
- Establishes specific goals and action plans for each direct report, monitored quarterly.
- Leads resolution of commercial, financial and product issues / disputes (claims), mindful of LYB first, working with other departments or business units.
- At minimum, a college undergraduate degree with 10 years technical
and/or commercial experience is required.
- A Master's degree in Business Administration preferred
- Prior sales training, having had already managed a commercial team and demonstrated strong negotiating, organizational, leadership and ability to gets things done.
- The position requires an individual has excellent communication skills and ability to motivate others towards a common goal.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lansing