This role will interpret raw commercial data sources into meaningful analytics using business intelligence and reporting platforms. The Sales Ops Business Intelligence Analyst will utilize analytical skills synthesize data into meaningful recommendations that optimize and inform commercial activities for growth.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide business insight supporting advanced data-driven decisions through custom analyses--statistical models of product trends, customer behavior, market profiles--and effectively communicate data-driven recommendations to commercial leadership.
- Develop a deep business understanding of product categories, pricing, ASP, volume, discounts, margins, geographic trends, channel performance, installed base. Collaborate with sales & marketing to understand the objectives of commercial stakeholders and develop questions to identify opportunities or issues that are impacting commercial performance.
- Manage analytics operations and systems including source-of-truth data pipelines and reporting dashboards. Design and distribute SFDC reports, dashboards, and recurring analyses to measure and guide field performance in collaboration with commercial stakeholders. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Conduct additional ad-hoc projects with the Sales Operations team including CRM administration, compensation reporting and strategic planning.
- Proactive approach to tasks with high intellectual curiosity; affinity for trouble shooting-issues and solving puzzles; sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- Analytical skills for statistical and financial modeling in an environment in which creativity and thoughtful new approaches are valued
- Excellent communication skills and team orientation; ability to collaboratively work with co-workers across departments to provide insights to key business drivers
- Strong aptitude with systems and tools, including Salesforce.com, Einstein Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Power BI, Data warehousing, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; SQL knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's degree or above in CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Business, Economics or related field
- 2-5 years of experience using analytics to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Advanced ERP systems, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Significant experience with large datasets
- Relevant experience a plus, life science industry and commercial operations
Sr. Sourcing Specialist
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
Ascent is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for Ascent, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of Ascent’s candidates and experience the difference!