- Performs technical analysis, design, configuration, and implementation support for system integrations and Salesforce customizations. Conceptualizes, prepares and creates detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
- Understands and leverage the Salesforce provided APIs and components of Salesforce AppExchange for developing custom objects. Complies with all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Develops custom applications and perform testing using Salesforce.com APEX and Visualforce pages.
- Writes, tests, analyzes, and implements high quality code according to specifications. Follows Salesforce.com's best practices and guidelines in implementing solutions.
- Understands and leverage the Salesforce provided APIs and components of Salesforce AppExchange for developing custom objects. Fluent developing code in a Continuous Integration environment using GitHub and Salesforce DX tools
- Creates reports and dashboards using Salesforce to meet the reporting and analytical requirements of the business users.
- Provides Tier II Support for Salesforce applications and manage service tickets needing escalation to Salesforce.
- Communicates and collaborates with other technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions.
- Builds client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client.
- Maintains and builds strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
- Researches and keep current on force.com technologies and communicates trends and future needs from a business perspective
- Supports Salesforce.com configuration tasks such as field/page updates, workflows, automated approvals
Nature of Work Contacts
This position interfaces with the Business Process SMEs from the business units and leadership team within IT&S as well as sponsoring business units and external IT Salesforce support vendor.
This position will have responsibilities to complete project or application specific deliverables on-time and within budget for the assigned projects and programs.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
(a) Education: A bachelor's degree in computer science/information systems, finance, business management or related field is required. Commiserate experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
* 3+ years of proven experience as a Salesforce.com developer using Visualforce, APEX programming, Force.com, APIs
* Familiarity with Salesforce.com best practices, support mechanisms, procedures and limitations is required
* Experience with management of Salesfore.com sandboxes, including their integrations
* Experience with Salesforce DX Continuous integration tools
* Ability to analyze complex systems, and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
* Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
* Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional customer service skills.
(c) Competencies, Knowledge, and Skills & Abilities:
* Have a thorough understanding of the Salesforce platform and be able to interact with business users to understand requirements in order to translate them into design specifications.
* APEX and Lightning development expertise.
* Salesforce administration, release management and deployment expertise.
* Knowledge and experience with integrating third-party marketplace modules
* Strong analysis and troubleshooting ability and attention to detail.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to share ideas both with the business and internal IT teams
* Salesforce Development/Customizations (API, APEX, Lightning, Workflows)
Salesforce.com Developer Certifications: Salesforce Platform Developer I is required with 3+ years experience.
A Master's Degree in a related field such as computer science or business administration is preferred
(a) Travel: Up to 10%.
(b) Physical/Sensory Demands: Fast paced working environment, extensive computer usage. Occasional weekend or evening work may be required.