This position will be working on various aspects of our new member facing portal 'YPO Connect.' This is the portal all of our members access to network on a global level, it looks like a hybrid between LinkedIn and Facebook with a lot of AI built it to create a unique layout for our member base.
Department: Information Technology
Reports to (Title): Application Engineering Director
The Senior Developer, CRM is responsible for partnering with customers, vendors and technical resources to understand needs and deliver solutions on the Salesforce CRM platform. They will work under the supervision of our director of Application Development and will be the developer and administrator of the platform. This position requires an experienced Salesforce developer who possesses solid business acumen, strong Salesforce development experience in both customization and configuration, and the ability to work in and across multiple technical platforms and technologies.
- Initiate and lead CRM-related development projects and drive process change where needed.
- Support development and testing team members on the CRM platform and best practices.
- Work with the development team to design and implement CRM data and reporting models
- Coach and counsel business teams on Salesforce.com and industry best practices.
- Ensure that the CRM applications and enhancements integrate as needed with other applications in the environment.
- Develop and maintain appropriate data quality control systems for the CRM system.
- Guide the development and implementation of standards for SalesForce.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and support initiatives on other back-office development platforms as needed.
- Estimate level of effort and duration for CRM initiatives, change requests, and defect resolution.
- Promote effective teamwork with all business partners and stakeholders.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Ability to interpret and define efficiencies
- Experience in developing in Salesforce technologies such as Apex, Lightning Design, HTML5, SOQL, and Visualforce pages.
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs (XML, JSON)
- Proven ability to effectively interact with business users and stakeholders in requirement gathering, design, proof-of-concept demonstrations and implementation/support
- Proven leadership skills, multi-tasking, planning, coordinating aggressive schedules and providing excellent customer service levels
- Ability to design, code, test, debug and maintain software applications.
- Experience in integrating Salesforce with other applications via real time and batch process.
- Strong ability to express complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities and as an integral part of a team
- Minimum of 5-7 years in a Salesforce development role, including Apex and Visualforce development.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce data modeling, reporting, and api best practices.
- Detailed experience across software development lifecycle, including working with business resources to understand business need and work collaboratively on a solution.
- Curious with an appetite for learning and supporting multiple teams.
- BS or BA degree in business, information systems or computer science with an emphasis in information technology or equivalent experience
- Salesforce 401 Certified Developer preferred. Salesforce 501 Advanced Developer and/or 201 Certified Administrator a plus.
- Ability to travel for conference and educational purposes (<10%).
How many management team members are supervised directly? 0
How many contractors/temporary workers are usually supervised? 0
Is this position a Committee Lead? No
Is this position directly accountable for a Portfolio? No
Is this role responsible for a budget? No
YPO is an equal opportunity employer. YPO takes pride in supporting a diverse workforce and demonstrates this through its policies and practices. YPO does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
CRM Developer (June 2019)