NGK Spark Plugs is now hiring for an SAP Basis Administrator located in our corporate office in Wixom, MI. This is a direct hire position, and will report to our IT Operations Manager, while working with the SAP team in all NGK locations within the US.
- Monitor application and database performance using the available tools and system commands, and modifying tuning parameters as appropriate.
- Maintain historical performance data for trends analysis and capacity planning.
- Participate in SAP system audits. Participate in disaster recovery planning and exercises.
- Work with the IT team on the proper use of Clients and Transports.
- Monitor Transport Management Systems (TMS) Worklist and move transports to downstream systems.
- Understand various methods of building QA and Production environments.
- Assists with the installation, configuration, and maintenance including upgrades and patch management.
- Adheres to backup and recovery policies. Partnering with team members in performance and capacity planning responsibilities.
- Assist programming personnel in the implementation of new or changed applications by installing new or updated software on servers, allocating or positioning database and non-database files, and assisting in script setup and testing.
- Assist with the maintenance of SAP user IDs and access rights assigned to IDs.
- SAP Security: Assist with the maintenance of SAP user IDs and access rights assigned to IDs.
- Maintain access rights and profits as required to support the computer security policies.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of security across all SAP Systems and applications.
- Assist tier 2 and 3 technical support resources with security related problems.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and, if applicable, all company policies relating to IATF16949 and ISO14000.