The Application Support Specialist III provides advance technical support and administration for scientific applications used within Client's Research.
- Triage and route of all application incidents for the entire R & D IT department escalated from the help desk, resulting in problem resolution or escalation to Tier 3 resources.
- Triage and fix straightforward, complex problems, problems with no precedent, use of existing solutions, apply new perspective using existing solutions, create/develop new solutions/procedures.
- Responding to end-user application requests and either servicing the request or passing on to application development.
- Technical troubleshooting of internally developed, off-the-shelf and customized off-the-shelf applications.
- Analysis of application data flows and identifying the root cause of incidents.
- Perform monitoring of schedule jobs; quickly identify and resolve any failures.
- Application Administration: Create user accounts, provide data curation and maintenance, and maintain application security. Perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Documenting incident resolutions and other knowledge in the internal knowledge base.
- Application Documentation - Organize and update application documentation including knowledge base documents for use by the service desk.
- Testing - Work with system users, other support staff and QA resources to test and or validate new application versions, patches or functionality; execute test scripts; assist in coordination of new releases; monitor deployment of new releases to user community.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Mentor less experienced staff as necessary.
- Actively participate in product roadmap and work request activities with IT Management.
- Actively participate in projects and in some cases lead team members on a project or during the resolution of a problem.
- A BS degree in computer science (IT) or scientific discipline is required.
- 10+ years' experience in an application or informatics support (Pharma Research experience preferred).
- Effective problem-solving abilities to evaluate the root cause of specific application and/or workflow issues and developing effective solutions while maintaining high customer satisfaction levels.
- Technical skill and independence to resolve Tier 2 requests for a multi-site, multi-tiered, multiple deployment model system, with significant integration with other systems and laboratory instrumentation.
- Technical knowledge required:
- Oracle databases and SQL.
- Thin client technologies.
- UNIX/Linux operating system functionality including basic shell commands.
- Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, Client/Server).
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to a broad range of scientific clients at their own level of understanding.
- Working knowledge of ITIL desired.
- Ability to manage Enterprise class software with minimal supervision.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Michelle: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-01160
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE