Long Term Contract
As the Tier 1 Security Analyst, you will be working within the Security Operations Center and you will be primarily involved in the initial stages of this enterprise's cyber event detection process. As the Tier 1 Security Analyst, you will perform duties such as identifying, categorizing, prioritizing and investigating events and you will follow detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate and assist in the remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Work the SupportNow team's overflow of end user reported issues with security tools or services
- Work escalations of end user reported issues with security tools or services
- Integrate new tools requiring end user support from an escalation perspective to the SupportNow team's front-line services
- Answer & work emergency LEA (Law Enforcement Agency) calls and escalation to Tier 2 as needed
- Work basic, fully documented, processes for cyber issues. For example: Finding system owners and managed escalations to Inventory Management team
- Work AWS (or other cloud services) security issues requiring notification to stakeholders & follow-up and escalate more complex or high-risk security issues to Tier 2
- Work on notification and follow-up of the 15 to 20 per week highest detected vulnerabilities by the Vulnerability Management team and escalate more complex or high-risk security issues to Tier 2
- Complete technical training curriculum provided by Brooksource
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP
- Fundamental understanding of firewalls, routers, and switches
- Fundamental understanding of IDS proxy
- Familiarity with a ticketing tool such as JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Experience working in a similar role with a customer service focus
- Interest in technology and a desire to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure
- Strong desire to contribute ideas for improvement and keen to participate in the project processes to contribute to improved IT services
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.