Job ID: 593706
Title: Security Analyst
Location: White Plains, NY
Type: contract with possible extension or conversion
Design and implement IT security works closely with team members, end users, and other IT departments to design, implement, support, and maintain Application security and security policies that protect the corporation. Participate in Application security and audit activities and cross training between team members of the IT SAP COE.
Network Security Analysts will monitor for changes in cyber/human activity, security application alerts, vulnerabilities, cyber threats, and then identify and communicate course of action for remediation.
• Develop and implement the Enterprise wide application security for the *** North America suite of applications.
• Support and respond to audit procedures and findings. Develop sound remediation strategies to findings that support *** North America security initiatives and keep effective processes in place
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business and business processes; strong business planning skills.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees and management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other closely related field required. Or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience with system security is desired.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in SAP Security Design and Implementation.
• 1 to 2 years of experience in the administration of IT devices and networking. Network Administration and Network Security experience a plus
• CompTIA - Security+ preferred
• Business Process understanding (Distribution industry preferred)
• Knowledge and understanding of ABAP code for field exist solutions
• Experience with one or more of the following SAP R/3 v4.7 (HR/P); Portal 6.0 (ESS/Client); CRM v4.0; BW/SEM (v3.1 – 3.5);
• Understand Segregation of Duty (SoD) concerns with respect to SAP Security
• Experience with a bolt-on SoD applications such as Virsa is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Comprehensive experience with SAP Profile Generator Tool. Advanced understanding of the Authorization Concept for R/3 and component systems.
• The ability to set up, configure and troubleshoot a basic corporate network infrastructure.
• Strong skills in the areas of communication, collaboration, customer focus, business/critical thinking, project management, leadership, and value creation are required.
• Availability to work in a 24/7 environment.
• Demonstrate a strong interest and understanding of general network security concepts.
• Ability to communicate in an effective manner and interact with different levels of administration, technical and management with customers.
• Ability to understand technical manuals, online technical documentation, software specifications, and systems software operations.
• Excellent communication skills, good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail required. Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal and motivation skills and be a team player.
• Ability to communicate complex technical information to non- technical audiences required.
• Demonstrated adaptability to change, customer focus, continuous learning, and problem solving required
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!