Location: Pleasanton, CA
Long term contract
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
- Demonstrate and provide expertise in vulnerability management, compliance management, and security assurance in order to assist in the remediation of information technology security controls as a result of audit findings.
- Review audit findings and assist staff to remediate the audit findings by providing recommendation based on best practices.
- Test the reported audit remediation.
- Perform subsequent authenticated scans to ensure the vulnerabilities are remediated (e.g., ensure that root issues are resolved).
- Ensure external and internal compliance in regards to IT security control.
- Provide practical security solutions that improve security posture and balance the business needs and goals.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Hardware: network switches, routers, load balancers, servers, storage systems
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Network: LAN, WAN, Internet, Proxy/Filtering, Firewall, VPN, DMZ
- Network Protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, NTP, DNS, LDAP,A^ NFS, Samba, etc
- Active Directory
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Mainframe DB2
- Oracle databases
- Best Practices Standards: ISO 27001/27002, PCI:DSS v3.2; GLBA; HIPPA/HITECH; NIST 800-53