The Cisco Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) is seeking a security architect to drive various security infrastructure initiatives. This is an opportunity to work with an advanced cyber security team that is operating on the cutting-edge of information security. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in information security, preferably in the area of threat management and incident response. In addition to information security expertise, the candidate should have extensive knowledge of the various domains of information technology including, but not limited to network design, network management, enterprise systems administration, storage systems, big-data solutions, and application development. The candidate will have full responsibility for designing and implementing innovative new solutions and will be expected to lead other engineers, partner effectively with other organizations, and collaborate with senior management to define and evolve strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The architect will design, deploy, develop, and automate solutions to support security event detection, analysis, incident response, investigations, forensics, and decision support; implement solutions to accommodate new event sources and to automate event analysis, correlation, and mitigation processes; and discover and resolve problems involving security infrastructure while driving ongoing operational improvements.
- Client Relationship: Becoming a trusted advisor to key client groups understanding their business and risk appetite, guiding them on a security strategy and direction.
- Architecture Review: Assessing business processes, technology and information architectures across logical, system and component levels to understand the risk posed, applying critical thinking, and determining the relevant security models.
- Security Technologies: Evaluating vendor and/or internal Cisco products for security capabilities and integration within the Cisco environment.
- Risk Governance: Interpreting business, security, and operational requirements, creating recommendations, prioritizing solutions and acting based on levels of exposure and risk posture. Working with other architects to develop and deploy solutions mitigating security and privacy risks.
- Strategic Security Risk Analysis & Planning: Understanding 'big picture' enterprise risks and contributing to the strategy and planning through new initiatives. Measuring efficacy with appropriate security metrics.
- Policy & Best Practices: Establishing security policies and best practices, communicating and linking them to implementation guidelines for client consumption.
- Industry and Customer Engagement: Developing white papers, contributing to industry practices, and staying current on trends. Delivering briefings/presentations to customers and speaking at industry conferences.
- Produce high quality documentation: Developing content for executive presentations. Providing quality technical documentation on network design, code, and processes to ensure re-use and succession of ownership.
- Cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos containers
- Data ingestion and data manipulation tools including NiFi and Kafka
- Cisco FirePOWER IDS, FireAMP
- Cisco Stealthwatch
- Log collection systems
- Malware analysis tools
- Development languages, such as Perl, Go, Python
- Various log sources: DHCP, DNS, AD, 802.1x, NAT, ISE, VPN, AV, HIPS, WAF, Eventlog, Syslog, OSquery, AnyConnect
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.