Quality Center of Excellence is seeking a Security/Compliance Testing Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management and administration of security, continuity of business and compliance related testing for concurrent multi-faceted legacy projects and Modernization Program phases with time sensitive deadlines. The successful candidate will provide direct supervision and guidance for test planning and execution of Continuity Of Business, security and performance tests, working with technology, infrastructure and system architects to define scope and expected results. He/she will support production maintenance tests of software bugs, specific point in time and ad-hoc testing requirements necessitated by dynamic business changes of TRS. The individual, collaborating with peers, will be responsible for procedural compliance, ensuring QCOE certification processes are rigorously adhered to. This includes creating, organizing and maintaining project documentation with related artifacts for all releases. The ideal candidate will certify data maintenance activities working closely with business architects and analysts to ensure member and beneficiary relationships are intact. The manager will provide direction on automation alternatives, collaborating with the all TRS units to build related processes to expedite test execution.
Essential/Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and harness an ongoing relationship with business partners, technical and line personnel to collaborate on testing practices relative to test requirements, scripting and user acceptance prior to, during and after the testing cycle.
- The manager should provide direction on resolving disputes and obtaining concurrence of test plan proposals which will contain desired tests and results expected as per the requirements.
- The manager will exercise judgment and ensure the appropriate testing methodologies (QA / SIT / UAT) are adhered to and practiced throughout the testing life cycle.
- Establish and maintain the quality standards and procedures for test planning, test environment setup, test execution and tracking, and coordination of promotion to production
- Manage day to day activities by tracking and reporting on progress and status, providing hands on involvement as required, and interfacing with TRS management on problem escalation
- Manage staff resources and workload, interview and hire qualified candidates, provide employee performance reviews and develop staff through coaching and mentoring
- Perform reporting, release management and quality control by tracking and reporting of test results, ensuring all applications are defect free, compliant with business requirements and production ready.
- Responsible for successful certification and implementation of UPS Legacy projects, enhancements, issues and Modernization Phases.
- Minimum of seven years of experience that demonstrates progressively increasing responsibilities in full testing lifecycle
- Minimum of four years of project management experience
- Experience in utilizing testing methodologies
- Experience in staff management
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and best industry testing practices
- Knowledge of Retirement Business Rules and Processes
- Knowledge of management principles in leadership and coordination of people and resources
Experience / Position Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and promote a positive atmosphere within the team; Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team Members in a creative and effective manner.
- Planning and Organizing
- Continual Improvement, Process Improvement
- Experience with Performance and Security Testing techniques; Understanding of test automation and experience in both manual and automated testing processes a plus
- In depth understanding and hands on experience in configuring, using, upgrading and mentoring on various QA tools like HP-UFT (formerly known as HP-QTP), HP LoadRunner, IBM Appscan
- Experience with Microsoft Windows platforms; Solid experience in working with Microsoft based web technologies, Microsoft SQL Server databases and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office and suite of applications.