This Contract position is with one of our Direct Clients. Please reach out to Remya- mremya(at)divihn(dot)com or Kumar - knavneet (at)divihn(dot)com or more details about this position. You can also call Remya - 630 -847 7118 or Kumar at (630) 847 1019
Job Title: Security Consultant (Gitlab and Container)
Duration: 6 Months
Security Consultant with a primary focus on Gitlab and Containers who must:
- Experience doing security assessments of web applications (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Ability to communicate security issues/ideas to a wide audience and talk to the importance of the issues
- Review and analyze design requirements for potential security impacts in application architecture and the system as a whole.
- Be able to work with a development team and give constructive feedback to help improve the application design and architecture.
- Be familiar with the Gitlab product, able to understand the ECP CI goals, and guide us on the development changes need to achieve our project goals.
- Be able to identify technological and development changes and use these to steer project design decisions with the larger group, while considering long term technical debt.
- Be proficient with tools used for web application assessments.
Primary skills and technologies:
- Basic Gitlab experience: issue tracking, labeling, reporting, prioritization, merging, diffing, re-basing
- CI/CD workflows and tools in this space. Git, Gitlab and or Jenkins, pipeline/control scripts, YAML
- HPC workflows - software development, stacks, solve/runs, schedulers and integrations. CI/CD pipelines, and HPC container technologies
- Knowledge of web applications and security concepts - within Gitlab/runner, integrations with external resources, Oauth, SAML, and idPs
- Security concepts such as access tokens, auth certificates, NIST Identity Management Frameworks, secure execution, and any knowledge around setUID practices.
- Solving problems related to CI automation and running arbitrary code from external sources on secure machines.
- Experience with implementing zero-trust security principles during software development and system design.
- Experience with virtual and containerized environments - Vagrant, Docker, Singularity
- General knowledge of containers, HPC and scientific job workflows with containers
Generally useful skills and background:
- Language and technology proficiencies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Interpersonal skills
- Small and remote team experience, taking guidance from a larger group of stakeholders and guiding changes within a small group of developers
- Ability to communicate openly and often with teammates and remain open to new ideas
- Experience with taking a leadership role among a team of software engineers and enabling them to meet their goals
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.