Security Engineer (Threat Intelligence)
Location: San Diego, CA
6 month contract, possible contract to hire
- 2+ years previous experience in cyber threat intelligence in a senior role.
- Ability to monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewall, proxies, and anti-virus across multiple platforms.
- Ability to develop specific expertise, discern patterns of complex threat actor behavior, and communicate an understanding of current and developing cyber threats.
- Ability to leverage online research tools to identify and navigate online forums, specialized Web sites, social media, and traditional sources.
- Ability to coordinate and respond to events on all of the monitored networks and the systems on those networks.
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources for the purposes of documenting results and analyzing findings to provide advanced threat intelligence.
- Knowledge of security architectures, devices, proxies, and firewalls is required.
- Identify cyber threats, trends and new developments on various cybersecurity topics by analyzing open source intelligence and data which includes geopolitical and transnational events.
- Produce quality intelligence reports for management and other teams. Be able to articulate and communicate intelligence openly and publicly at all levels of the business.
- Apply analytic tradecraft to intelligence. Investigate, document, and report on cybersecurity issues and emerging trends.
- Identify and monitor the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber threat actors by analyzing open source intelligence and data.
- Provide actionable strategic, technical, and tactical cyber information and intelligence through reports, briefings, and presentations.
- Make analytical predictions about cyber adversaries and their future activities based upon known TTPs.
- Identify threats by performing relevant research and data analysis using both internal and external tools and resources.
- Establish industry cyber leadership and law enforcement relationships.
- Follow relevant trends surrounding practices involving cyber security analysis.
- Provide independent critical thinking to diagnose and analyze threat intelligence data and making decisions on response and remediation.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Related Fields
Please contact Bhavna Khanna at 925 627 4981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions