OBXtek is searching for a Security Engineer who will be responsible for providing IT security services that support the overall security of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Government.
** This position is onsite at the Treasury Department headquarters building in Washington, DC.
**There is no remote work availability for this position.
- Provide overall security oversight for all TFIN systems and network components and configuration management and oversight of all TFIN security components.
- Support operational oversight of all systems, network security settings and network firewall settings as they relate to TFIN.
- Provide evaluation and oversight of STIG implementation, compliance, and operations, system hardening and resolution of vulnerabilities.
- Use industry standard hardening tools to set baseline of systems and to validate compliance. Examples include CIS, DISA STIGS, Red Hat NSA hardening guide, Treasury Baseline for NSS, USGCB, and others for all operating systems and applications used on servers at Treasury.
- Assist in the engineering and maintaining of the antivirus architecture, evaluating solutions, troubleshooting server and client related antivirus incidents, and upgrading servers and clients. Provide malware and virus analysis and removal. Create indicators from analysis for use with IDS systems to prevent and to deter future threats.
- Assist in conducting computer forensic operations. Use industry standard tools, hardware, and software.
- Provide operational and maintenance support to Host Based Security System (HBSS) , Tripwire, Nessus (ACAS), Splunk (or its replacement), M3, any IDS components, and any other security tool that is installed on TFIN as applies to items. Review and alter, if necessary, the current HBSS set up to conform to the requirements and recommendations provided by a qualified evaluator associated with the Intelligence Community Security Coordination Center (IC SCC).
- Prepare, review, test, and exercise plans in support of Department wide federal exercises, detailing the objectives, safety considerations, and testing, tools, and equipment requirements
- Provide Test Results Report, After Action Report (AAR), and Counterintelligence Support Report as required.
- Support counter-intelligence efforts to manage insider threat and other human factors risks. Prepare indicator creations for IDS systems to use and monitor as preventative and detective measures to increase the security posture for Treasury. Sources would include detected malware, email threats, and advisories from security vendors. Provide security impact assessment, evaluation, and recommendations to the Architect and TFIN Change Control Board (CCB) for all systems and network changes to TFIN security components that relate to changes, updates, replacements, or modifications.
- Provide support for TFIN PKI implementation and operations
- Provide after-hours support for maintenance, outage resolution, or other service support requested by the Government.