The Security Engineer is a hands-on role supporting the Vulnerability Management Operations Program. The VMA is expected to perform security audit functions to identify, validate, and remediate security vulnerabilities. This includes designing and deploying vulnerability identification programs and providing remediation guidance to the end users.
* 5+ years of experience in Information Security Domain
* 3+ years of experience working with any industry standard scanning tool in (eg. Qualys, Nessus, AppScan etc.)
* Strong understanding of vulnerability management and security testing practices and methodologies.
* Experience using common security testing and analysis tools (Metasploit, Kali, Wireshark)
* Expert knowledge of system, application, and database hardening techniques and practices.
* Operate and maintain the vulnerability management tools to ensure availability and efficacy
* Generate vulnerability reports and validate the issues identified
* Triage vulnerabilities and deliver reports to the customer
* Develop tools (e.g. scripts) to automate day-to-day tasks
* Provide guidance on vulnerability management best practices
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.