Job: Security Engineer
Program: Civil Engineer Control Systems Cybersecurity Initiative
Location: Panama City Beach, FL
Clearance: CAN PROCESS or Secret
Certifications: IAT or IAM Level III
Monitoring and reporting on enterprise level systems providing cybersecurity to industrial control systems throughout the Air Force. Coordinating with other ops center team members to gather and analyze information received from fielded systems. Identifying potential malicious or problem network activity and reporting it to proper channels. Researching for known vulnerabilities in systems and coordinating with sites that may have to those systems to implement fix actions to 'harden' their defensive posture.
Associated tasks include:
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Experience working in an incident response type environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- 5-8 years of Data Security Administration / Bachelors Degree
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.