Our client is looking for a highly skilled Security Engineer who has experience working in the full scope of mobile operating systems and applications security analysis. The individual will apply their expertise to perform penetration testing on hardened devices in our mobile device inspection lab.
The Engineer will be expected to actively analyze security functions for design weaknesses, technical flaws and system vulnerabilities. They will research new threats, attack vectors and risk and utilize their hacking skills on various mobile devices. They will perform manual testing using various open source penetration testing tools. They should have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, able to work independently and willing to take on new challenges to roll up your sleeves and do what you need to do in order to solve problems. A high level of personal organization, persistence, communications, and attention to detail is a must. Part of their job is to try and break devices and get at the protected data. This individual is also responsible for documenting their findings and creating recommendations for improved device security.
A requirement, too, of this position will be to jump onto coding projects as needed to support teams with product development.
* Knowledge of general security principles, protocols, and infrastructures.
* Background in computer architecture, system internals and operating systems.
* Experience with Android security mechanisms.
* Familiarity with wireless/mobile technologies.
* Knowledge of Android operating system/frameworks.
* Background or interest in research.
* Analysis, testing, and debugging skills using tools like, ADB, gdb, Apktool, Wireshark, and tcpdump.
* Interest in information security and cybersecurity.
* Strong work ethic, self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on new challenges - to roll up your sleeves and do what you need to do in order to solve problems.
* BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 6 years' experience. Candidates with at least 8 years of strong related work experience will also be considered.
* Current DoD Secret Clearance is required.
* Knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems at all layers (boot, kernel space, user space).
* Forensics and reverse engineering.
* ARM experience.
* High level of personal organization, persistence, and attention to detail.
* Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, or comparable certification.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.