Summary:Job Description Summary
Work under close supervision and resolves simple issues pertinent to IT Security. Ensures adherence to IT security policy. May generate information records for purpose of analysis.
Participate in the activities related to the security of the company's systems and Internet site, protecting them from access by hackers who could compromise the company's operations.
- Perform front line accurate and precise real-time monitoring and analysis correlation of logs/alerts from a multitude of security devices with a focus on the determination of whether said events constitute security incidents.
- Identify intrusion activity by leveraging alert data from multiple sensors and systems and determine priority for response
- Serve as a primary contact point for reporting potential security events
- Document security incidents as identified in the ticketing system
- Analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to Tier 2
- Monitor SIEM/queue/emails/phone/other tools for events
- Analyze simple events and resolve
- Provide initial assessment on complex events and escalate
- Complete regular tasks as assigned
- Support higher tier analysts as requested
Security Tool Experience: IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEM
Desired Certifications: Security+, SANs GISF, Network+
Desired Education: High School Diploma/GED, Degree in Computer Science/Information Security or 2 years related experience.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.