LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Security Operations Engineer builds and maintains network security solutions for the Global Network Security organization. This includes developing secure networks, systems/projects, and handling technical problems that arise. Operationally, responsibilities include ensuring the enterprise network security solutions are managed and operated effectively to include systems monitoring, health checks, metrics, and reporting. The Security Engineer works closely with the Information Protection and Compliance Organization, Network Team, and diverse IT and business teams to assist and coordinate the remediation efforts. Conducts continuous security analysis on network, application, and infrastructure components; and works across IT and business teams to develop solutions that address root causes.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor the security of an organization's network from threats originating from inside and outside the organization.
- Collect, and analyze data to make decisions and recommendations regarding security standards and controls.
- Conduct continuous analysis of security threat information (viruses, malicious code, industry events, hackers and zero day exploits, OEM weaknesses, IDS/IPS and SIEM alerting, etc.) in order to proactively assess and investigate emerging threats and potential impact to LyondellBasell.
- Implementing enterprise and Industrial Control systems security controls
- Ensure operational effectiveness of enterprise network security solutions by development and monitoring of operational metrics and key performance indicators.
- Liaise with system and network administrators to assist with implementation and problem resolution for enterprise network security solutions.
- Support relationship with Managed Security Services Provider for network monitoring and incident response services.
- Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage firewall and intrusion detection systems policies.
- Assist in the investigation of intrusion incidents, forensic investigations, and incident response.
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization, and other network security solutions.
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
- Assist on changes in software, hardware, network, and telecommunications.
- Implement and execute LyondellBasell security standards and policies.
- Addressing security throughout the lifecycle of the architecture design from procurement to installation to maintenance to decommissioning.
- Participate in a global on-call rotation with other Security Engineers on an established schedule
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of networking experience
- Hands on experience with multiple firewall vendors, Palo Alto required
- Experience with large-scale IP networking and knowledge of WAN technologies.
- Experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Knowledge of encryption technologies (IPSEC, SSL), and hot standby protocols HSRP and VRRP.
- Knowledge of configuration management, change control/problem management integration, risk assessment and acceptance, exception management and security baselines.
- Knowledge of security protocols and design concepts.
- Hands on experience with the design and implementation of perimeter tools such as web proxies and intrusion prevention systems.
- Moderate scripting/programming skills and familiarity with ethical hacking beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse IT architectures and enterprise IT data centers, cloud hosted services and cloud computing environments. Knowledge and experience with physical and virtual server configurations and implementations.
- Familiarity with specific ICS standards, NIST 800-82, API 1164, and Information Security standards Such as ISO/IEC 27002.
- Familiarity with IT process and quality frameworks such as ISO, COBIT, and ITIL.
- Familiarity with audit concepts (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley 404, PCAOB Audit Standards, PCI, etc.)
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter & team player with ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix-management environment.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Certifications: CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, GSEC a plus
- Understanding of Automation and Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Experience with WAF, Load Balancing, and DNS/DDOS protection
- Deploying security policies, procedures that apply specifically to the Industrial Control Systems ICS
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston