OBXtek is currently staffing for a Security Operations Specialist to work on a Department of State contract at the State Department in Wash. DC
The Security Operations Specialist identifies, reports, and resolves security violations with the following tasks:
- Ensure that all information systems security related incidents and violations are immediately reported, data is collected, investigations/interviews are coordinated, and corrective measures are implemented.
- Provide detailed security briefings on a regular basis in support of customer organizational directives.
- Assist the systems security office in the effective analysis, operation, maintenance, documentation, training and ongoing support of security systems in maintaining security accountability and reinforcing appropriate security practices.
- Write and update various SOP's, KB Articles, and scripts as needed to affect proper security procedures are current in a changing environment.
- Respond to identified deficiencies and defects for systems, as needed.
- Provide security program remediation reports, procedures, and maintenance plans to various development and operations groups, for timely remediation of findings as needed.
- Provide support to system administrators to ensure systems are reporting properly.
- Monitor all systems on the network by reviewing and providing analysis of security logs and systems logs to ensure that security compliance is maintained.