Our client is a leader in the security and fire industry. Their Pittsburgh location is looking for an experienced Security Technician to join their growing team. Client looking to interview and hire right away.
This person will be responsible for the implementation and programming of commercial intrusion, access control, fire and video systems.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair access, intrusion, fire and audio/video systems
• Utilize system software to diagnose failures
• Interpret scopes of work and blueprints
• Terminate security alarm devices and cameras
• Abide by building code standards and safety standards
• Pull copper and coaxial cable in backbone, horizontal and riser environments
• Communicate with Service Coordinator, Technicians, Project Mangers, Field Managers and other co-workers regarding service call status; communicate with customers regarding service call progress
• Exhibit professional appearance and conduct
• Provide exceptional customer service
Essential skills and experience:
• Ability to read blueprints
• Knowledge of electronics and excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong computer networking skills
• Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Technical degree in electronics or equivalent work experience
• Experience performing installation duties in commercial security or related industries
• Valid driver's license with clear driving record
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Minimum 3-5 years electronic security system or fire alarm experience
Degree in electronics or equivalent experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong computer skills, software aptitude and electronic skills
Must be highly organized - Demonstrated success managing multiple tasks
Technical licenses and certifications a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.