Senior .NET Developer Software Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants has a direct hire opportunity for a senior level .Net Developer/Software Engineer to work with one of our major professional services client in downtown Chicago. In this role the candidate will be responsible for delivering custom business solutions using the Microsoft technology stack. He/she will perform analysis, design and implementation of solutions that satisfy client needs. The role lead and coordinate projects from a technology perspective, following SDLC activities and standards that are consistent with best practices. The ideal candidate must have excellent judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment while building positive working relationships. In addition, candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands on time and attention.
- Drive the architecture and design of user interfaces, business objectives and overall infrastructure.
- Take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan.
- Software applications are typically focused around the day-to-day business processes supporting legal and administrative staff
- Responsibilities will also include mentoring developers and other business users through hands-on assistance, and providing production support activities during non-business hours.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in mechanical, computer, or electrical engineering discipline. 6 plus years of software development experience with 5 plus years of web-based software development in .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server)
- Should have strong understanding of SOA, TDD, SOLID principles, and systems architecture concepts
- Prior experience with ASP.NET MVC (versions 3 and up), WCF, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3, responsive design, Entity Framework, and Dependency Injection frameworks are desired
- Must be familiar with agile or other iterative development methodologies
- Must possess requirement and component level estimation, database design and development skills
- Strong desire to stay current on development best practices using emerging technologies and industry trends
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
- Experience in a law firm or global professional services environment preferred.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.