JD :: Exp : 8+ years
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior AWS Cloud Security Engineer will work closely with the Cloud Security Architects for cloud design and is responsible for engineering and deployment of secure, complex AWS cloud environments and infrastructure. Members of this team are also known as subject matter experts in networking, storage, compute, capacity and operating systems with capabilities to resolve complex infrastructure issues.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Provision/de-provision secure AWS resources
- Assess, monitor, and maintain secure AWS resources
- Template creation and maintenance
- Identify, track, and help remediate vulnerabilities and other security concerns.
- Review and provide system security requirements/guidance on new initiatives, applications, systems, and services.
- Participate in incident response activities.
- On-call responsibilities (rotational).LI-NH1
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior AWS Security Cloud Engineer will have:
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, and 5+ years in an IT role or 2 years in an IT Security role, or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Required: Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and security concerns within a TCP/IP environment.
- Required: An understanding of dynamic routing protocols and static routing; an understanding of common vulnerabilities associated with operating systems and applications.
- Required: Minimum of 3 years of experience with the AWS environment, including building, automating provisioning/de-provisioning, and managing complex AWS cloud environments
- Required: WAF, proxy, integrity monitoring, and IDS experience
- Preferred: Cerifications such as CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, Sec+, AWS Solutions Architect, or AWS Security Specialty
- Preferred: Experience with ServiceNow (currently using London)
- Architect-level proficiency inAWS ecosystem or similar experience is required:
- Compute (EC2, ECS, Lambda)
- Storage (S3, Redshift)
- Networking (VPC, WAF)
- Security/Auth/Auditing (IAM, CloudTrail)
- Monitoring (CloudWatch)
- GuardDuty, Guardrails
- Experience in Terraform, Cloud Formation, or other IaC tools
- Container Orchestration tools (Kubernetes (preferred) Docker, etc.)
- Gitlab, Python, Java