Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under general direction, the Application Administrator Senior- Microstrategy is responsible for leading MicroStrategy (business intelligence (BI) application software) administration, including but not limited to automation, system installs, patches, configuration, development, upgrades and security. Leads overall MicroStrategy architecture design and implementation to ensure the platform properly supports the company’s needs for interactive dashboards, scorecards, formatted reports and automated report distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs full stack administration of the Microstrategy platform in AWS including Installation, configuration and deployment along with support for operating system level patching and maintenance.
- Administers MicroStrategy security including user setup process, LDAP and OKTA integration, role-based access control and user interface portals and interfaces.
- Proactively monitor and maintain the stability of the environment by leveraging MicroStrategy monitoring tools, Enterprise Manager Reports, AWS Cloud Watch Plans and implements patch updates and new version upgrades.
- Develop, implement, and test disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for MicroStrategy architecture.
- Performance tune Intelligent Server, and Web Server according to best practices.
- Submit and manage issues and enhancement cases with MicroStrategy for administration/environment related items.
- Develop mechanisms and automation for deploying MicroStrategy projects and configuration changes across the various environments
- Manage repository metadata for the physical, business model mapping and presentation layers.
- Assist Network and Server teams with necessary logs when needed for troubleshooting issues
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 + years of MicroStrategy Administration in installation, configuration, upgrading of software (server/client) components in enterprise network environments.
- 4+ years of Disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for MicroStrategy architecture.
- 4+ years of Capacity planning and management
- In-depth technical understanding of systems infrastructure equipment such as servers and storage systems, software including server operating systems, server virtualization platforms and disaster recovery tools.
- Ability to reason logically and creatively; to learn and utilize new technologies; to clearly communicate ideas and recommendations; and, to write clear, and concise reports.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- AWS cloud certification is preferred with strong knowledge in EC2, S3, CloudFormation, and Chef.
- Hands on Linux administration.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Certifications in relative technology is required
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.