Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Application Administrator - Office 365 performs complex application, database, email and web administration duties, including but not limited to automation, system installs, patches, software installation, configuration, development, upgrades, security, clustering and scripting. Provides support for our Office 365 suite of applications. Maintains a focus on availability and performance of all integrations and system components.
- Administers Office 365 environment and user accounts.
- Defines and implements security standards.
- Monitors capacity and utilization.
- Implements document retention policies in accordance with Corporate Records and Legal policies.
- Works with IT Vendor Management team to ensure adequate licensing is maintained.
- Stays informed of Office 365 features and capabilities and works with necessary teams to plan, test, implement and communicate any changes to user community.
- Ensures proper security standards are enforced.
- Uses PowerShell scripting to automate administrative tasks.
- Ensure application administration and maintenance is completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure configuration and maintenance of user access is completed accurately and timely.
- Perform complex patch testing, deployment and maintenance activities; ensures patch testing is completed accurately and timely
- Ensure disaster recovery testing for applications is completed accurately and timely; lead implementation of disaster recovery plan
- Ensure updates, status and completion information is communicated to stakeholders accurately and timely
- Troubleshoot complex and escalated application and/or customer issues created as a result of problem resolution in applications, databases or web specialty areas
- Ensure application integrity
- Ensure system activity is monitored and system parameter tuning for optimum performance are maintained
- Ensure technical assistance is being provided to all members of the IT organization; addresses escalated technical issues
- Mentor and train Application Administrator I & II
- Research and recommend tools and procedures for increased Infrastructure performance
- Design primary application system to meet stakeholder requirements using accepted engineering standards
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to application procedures and services
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years experience with specific skills and knowledge of Enterprise application servers, databases and associated and/or dependent systems
- Advanced knowledge of the following: server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware, and security is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word and Excel is necessary
- Advanced knowledge of network components and function is required
- Retail (IT) experience preferred
- Proven ability to meet established service levels, availability, performance, data privacy, and security guidelines is necessary
- This position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential. Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Requires expert understanding and experience using the following Office 365 applications: Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams.
- An understanding of server topologies, server hardware, and security as well as network operating systems and applications is also required.
- Expertise in using PowerShell for automating administrative functions.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED, Bachelor's degree preferred
Certifications in relative technology is required
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.