Job Title: Sr. Application Development- iSeries
Type: 6 month Contract
The Senior Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to clients coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
- The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Position
- Descriptions are subject to change.
- 5-7 years Application Development experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in System i (AS/400, iSeries) technical standards
- Experience with RPG (RPG/400, RPGIV, ILE, Free), CL, Advantage:2E, SQL or other query utilities
- Experience with OS/400, DB2/400, DDL/SQL Tables,
- Experience with Advanced RPG programming techniques
- Experience with source/object control tools such as Implementer.
- Experience with Modules/Service programs/Binding/Binding Directories
- Experience with Stored Procedures/SQL Stored Procedures
- Able to demonstrate high SQL proficiency
- In-depth experience with Embedded SQL within RPG
- Experience with Debugging Service Programs, Batch, and Interactive jobs
- Familiarity with IBMi tools such as X-Analysis, Extractor, Rational, Implementer
- Experience with SQL/CL Triggers
- Experience with other technics such as XML, Webservices, MQ, IIB
Recruiter- Ascent Services Group
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference! IND05