Title: Sr. Application Developer (iSeries)
Client Location: Vernon Hills, IL, 60061- Expected to start remote
Duration: 9+ Month Contract
The Ascent Services Group is seeking a Senior Application Developer iSeries supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. This Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
- 7 years in application development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent working experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Working knowledge in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Required experience with Java, SQL, JUnit, JDBC, Web Services, source code control tools, and UML
- Preferred experience in DB2, WebSphere, Log4j, IBM's AS/400 Toolkit for Java and Ant
- Demonstrated proficiency in iSeries technical standards
- Experience with RPG programming techniques
- Experience with OS/400, DB2/400, RPG (RPG/400, RPGIV, ILE), CL, Synon/2E, SQL or other query utilities, source/object control tools such as Implementer
- Experience with development tools such as IBM System i Navigator, IBM Rational Developer for i, and Fresche Legacy/Databorough X-Analysis.
- Developing system applications to clients oding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Technically manage complex and large scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished
- Proactively updated stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Travel between local facilities may be necessary.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!