Leidos is seeking candidates for a position as a Senior Back End Java Developer in Aurora, CO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is REQUIRED. In this position, you will develop software using some of the most cutting-edge technologies and capabilities on the market, providing you with an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. These capabilities currently include: real time streaming and alerting using Apache Storm, high-throughput data ingest into RDBMS and NoSQL data stores, batch analytics with MapReduce/Spark, RESTful Web Service development, Entity-relationship modeling via a graph database and Lucene, and Natural Language Processing all available within Amazon Web Services. You'll even be given the opportunity to participate in annual hackathons where you'll be given a week to work on anything that piques your interest. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
- Researches, designs, and develops software systems using industry proven design patterns and leveraging open source products when possible.
- Staying educated on current technology trends is strongly encouraged to be able to provide new and innovative solutioning as a recognized subject matter expert to our team and customer advocates.
- Provides advice, guidance, and team leadership to less experienced staff.
- Software development problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Involved in all stages of the application lifecycle to include systems engineering and requirement analysis, technical design, system integration, implementation, and deployment.
- Supports management teams in defining the technical vision of the program.
- Effectively communicate within an agile team to execute established development processes and tasks which is paramount to yours and the team's success.
- Limited Management oversight.
- University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of related work experience.
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- An active TS/SCI clearance is required
- Key-value Data Stores (i.e. Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra)
- Document-Oriented Data Stores (i.e. Elasticsearch, Solr)
- Graph Databases (i.e. OrientDB, Neo4j)
- Hadoop MapReduce and/or Apache Spark
- Apache Storm
- Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and OGC WMS/WFS
'External Referral Eligible'