You are the business champion and team linguist. You own the details of the business value delivered at the product level. You translate business requirements into product requirements to ensure that the product delivers on user needs.
What are the expectations of my role?
- Helps the business implement technology solutions by articulating the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to stakeholders and partners.
- Analyzes customer and business requirements to understand the underlying intent.
- Translates business desires into effective features and stories that are ready for development.
- Reviews stories for clarity and conciseness to answer questions during estimations and explain non-obvious business reasons.
- Understands technical implications of features and how to break down into stories that adhere to the INVEST principles: Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small, Testable.
- Outlines clear acceptance criteria, to clearly communicate the definition of 'done'.
Team Communication and Facilitation
- Assists with the flow of information within the team, translating where necessary to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Facilitates or leads story kickoffs.
- Includes the right people in conversations or relays conversations to all interested parties when they are unable to be present.
- Analyzes complex domain concepts and presents them with clarity and purpose to their audience.
- Captures artifacts in an easily accessible format that is understood by all members of the team.
- Coordinates with Architect, Tech Lead, release team, Product Owner and other parties on release schedule and features.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure product readiness, service level compliance, knowledge transfer and smooth service transition.
With whom do I collaborate?
- Product Owner to fill and groom the backlog in order to support prioritization.
- Developers to ensure the product reflects the goals of the business.
- Product, XD, Engineering, Legal, Release Management, Change Management and other teams required to execute solutions.
- Internal and external stakeholders
- Product Owner
What skills and experience do I need?
Skills & Attributes
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Effective communication approaches
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Active listening (explain yourself, ask questions, willing to listen)
• Familiarity with Agile project management tools (Rally, Confluence)
• Business acumen
• Domain knowledge - Operational Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Price Analysis
• Technical acumen - Experience with Data Mining, Data Reporting, SQL development, technical story writing
• Acting as a business analyst on a cross-functional software product team in an agile environment.
• Relevant work experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis and Data Reporting
• Executing lean product design and agile development methods.
• Driving requirements and story-writing across agile sprints.
• Coordinating software releases to internal and external users.
- Responsible for actively working in support of the client's vision and goals
- Responsible for building client/stakeholder relationships, consulting with and training clients/stakeholders on the use of the client's tools and propositions, and understanding clients'/stakeholders' business problems
- Responsible for coaching and/or collaborating with others on specific skills and techniques
- Responsible for proactively contributing to developing or improving the client's ways of working, processes, products/services, tools and/or initiatives
- Responsible for mastering more complex role requirements and working independently on team initiatives and tasks
- Responsible for managing small projects
- Responsible for leveraging available data/ information to deliver creative solutions; seeking out additional learning opportunities; demonstrating a solid understanding of required systems
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.