Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Business Analyst provides the leadership and facilitation required to implement business process and technology improvements. This individual is responsible for partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to identify, document and drive definition of business requirements, future state business process improvement, solution design, level of effort, and a phased implementation roadmap. The needs of downstream groups, including Finance and Store Operations must also be taken into consideration to ensure successful end-to-end process and technology improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with business and IT partners to define the business capabilities necessary to support execution of the company’s strategy. Specifically, the Business Analyst will:
- Translate business requirements and capabilities into Business and Technical Design documents
- Perform analysis of data inputs, data flows and data sets to identify opportunities for efficiency and document future state.
- Document, use cases, stories, wire frames and/or storyboards.
- Lead planning workshops and business design sessions to envision and assess business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Devise strategies to facilitate transition from current state to desired end state.
- Work with IT to manage the product backlog to ensure a consistent flow of work to the development team and alignment with business priorities in collaboration with team leadership.
- Participate in team sprint prioritization and planning activities to ensure alignment with business priorities.
- Provide support by troubleshooting and diagnosing complex or escalated issues/requests and works with development team to resolve issues/requests in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA), developers/engineers and architects to align solutions, identify dependencies, and ensure functional results.
- Conduct feasibility and impact analysis; identifies cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provides solutions to mitigate risk; develops contingency plans for potential impacts.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of Five years of experience in business process management, problem definition, design, solutions evaluation, validation and deployment. Required skills and experience include:
- Ability to act as thought leader, change agent and process improvement subject matter expert, providing coaching, mentoring, and training to other employees on process improvement methodologies and tools. Simplification, standardization and automation are key measures of success in this role.
- Demonstrated facilitation and negotiation skills
- Experience with customer data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows.
- Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations.
- Experience with business process modeling and analysis and design tools.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally across the Company, including the ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated business acumen with a deep knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals and strategy.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, define tasks, establish priorities, implement according to plan, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well autonomously or collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, treat others with respect, uphold Company values, demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills, exhibit a can-do attitude, and adjust to changing requirements.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other quantitative field, or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.