LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The Senior Business Finance Analyst or Business Finance Analyst role provides accurate financial analysis, consolidation, forecasting and reporting for Ethylene Oxide & Derivatives (EO&D). This position has responsibility for supporting all aspects of Ethylene Oxide (EO), Ethylene Glycol (EG) and E-Solvents (ES) forecasting and reporting cycle.
The responsibilities include financial oversight and coordination of monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated balance sheet, income statement and business cash flow. In addition to the ED&D responsibilities, this role will also provide support to the EO_Acetyls Business Finance Manager, which includes, but not limited to, participating in the review and consolidation of award unit performance.
This position engages with the EO&D business management as required during the forecasting and reporting cycle including presenting monthly results to business director and marketing managers and potentially senior leadership. This position also requires close interaction and collaboration with BDA and I&D Segment Controller. In addition, this Senior/Business Finance Analyst role is a member of the EO&D Sales & Operational Planning and Manufacturing teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain EO&D forecasting models for business earnings, working capital, and cash flow, utilizing SAP BPC, Analysis for Office, Business Warehouse tools and other analytical/graphical tools.
- Evaluate the EO&D business income statement and balance sheet as part of the monthly close process to monitor data integrity and investigate any significant variance.
- Provide variance analysis of EO&D business results versus targets for appropriate periods; assist with preparation of short, medium and long-term profitability forecasts.
- Support preparation of internal financial analysis for EO&D business management.
- Prepare and present financial results at quarterly EO&D Business, Operational Planning and Manufacturing team meetings.
- Provides EO&D related input for the quarterly business performance flux analysis to the Leadership team and Investor Relations, which is used in external reporting of results in 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC. As a result, accuracy and attention to detail are critical success factors.
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly EO&D reporting deliverables (e.g., BRM, Segment Analysis, etc.).
- Coordinate the EO&D monthly forecast process and provide information to determine if any actions should be taken to ensure delivery of the annual plan.
- Support the I&D fixed cost responsibility budget process.
- Monitor the capital expenditures for the EO&D business units.
- Support and participate in other financial initiatives outside of the I&D segment.
*Accounting or Finance degree or related business degree with 3+ years of relevant financial experience. Master's degree and/or professional certification preferred.
*Knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with IFRS principles.
*Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse.
*Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
*Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and understand trends in key business drivers (external and internal as applicable).
*Ability to multi-task and prioritize, including responding to numerous (and often urgent) requests from multiple stakeholders for financial analysis and commentary.
*A self-starter with ability to engage with stakeholders; and rally support to drive operational and reporting excellence.
*Good team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage interfaces and build solid relationships with all key stakeholders.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston