Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We recognize that to remain the industry leader we must continue to grow and evolve our business in a rapidly changing industry. We are achieving this, not only by opening new stores, but by transforming our technological landscape and making data a central component of our strategy. The Business Analytics team, one of the fastest growing teams in the company, is leading this change. We are responsible for driving the insights, recommendations, and developing the decision support tools that influence the strategic direction of the company.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst supports business intelligence and advanced analytics projects and operational initiatives by envisioning, defining and documenting business requirements and translating them into technical solutions. Conducts feasibility and impact analysis; provides solutions to mitigate risk and develops contingency plans for potential impacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with business partners to understand business intelligence and analytics solutions needs and define requirements; translates requirements into technical solutions; provides recommendations and contingency plans.
- Documents business requirements and capabilities into Business and Technical Design Documents, use cases, stories, wire frames and storyboards.
- Leads planning workshops/ design sessions to envision and assess business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure a consistent flow of work to the development team and alignment with business priorities in collaboration with team leadership.
- Oversees team sprint prioritization and planning activities to ensure alignment with business priorities and analytics strategy.
- Provide end-user support by troubleshooting and diagnosing complex or escalated issues/requests. Work with development team to resolve issues/requests in a timely manner.
- Evangelize, coach and mentor power users/end users in the use of enterprise BI applications and solutions.
- Communicates status updates regarding emerging issues to end-users and team members.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance (QA), developers/ data engineers and BI architects to align solutions, identify dependencies, and ensure functional results.
- Conducts feasibility and impact analysis; identifies cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provides solutions to mitigate risk; develops contingency plans for potential impacts.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to BI and Analytics Business Systems Analysis processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of progressive business analysis experience in support of complex business intelligence, analytics and data science applications and projects.
- The candidate must have an advanced understanding of BI, data warehouse, advanced analytics, and data science concepts.
- Demonstrated advanced level experience with enterprise BI platforms (Microstrategy, Power BI, Cognos) is required. Microstrategy experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with relational (RDMS) and non-relational (NoSQL) data platforms is required.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) a plus.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of logical and conceptual data modeling is preferred.
- Experience preparing and/or authoring business and technical requirements specifications, user manuals, wire frames and storyboards is also necessary.
- Demonstrated intermediate level SQL experience is required.
- Proven experience developing basic reports and writing SQL queries is necessary.
- Candidates will have demonstrated business acumen by applying knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy is necessary.
- Candidates will have intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- A track record demonstrating the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results for the Business Intelligence Development team is essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude, generating innovative solutions to complex challenges is necessary.
- Must possess strong organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer Service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Demonstrated collaboration and facilitation skills are required.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, or Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.