Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Business Systems Analyst assists in analyzing the business, functional and software requirements, procedures and problems to automate new or enhance existing omni-channel software applications/systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners to understand business goals and objectives, define omni-channel capabilities, and translate product roadmaps into phased implementation roadmaps.
- Lead planning workshops/ design sessions to envision and assess business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Work with Product owners to research, analyze customer interactions trends, behaviors, and feedback from customers, team members and stakeholders to help shape the product/platform roadmap direction.
- Tracks customer, operational, and financial impacts in collaboration w/ Product owners
- Define user stories, use cases and process and data flow diagrams that depict the customer and/or employee journey, underlying processes, and interaction with various channels and applications to achieve stated goals.
- Define the business, functional and technical requirements relative to the channel(s) and software applications and make recommendations and contingency plans where applicable.
- Create business and technical design documentation from both a strategic and implementation level perspective.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA), developers/ engineers and architects to align solutions, identify dependencies, and ensure functional results.
- Conduct feasibility and impact analysis; identify cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provide solutions to mitigate risk; develop contingency plans for potential impacts.
- Provide Business Systems Analyst mentorship to BSA levels I and II.
- Stay current on the latest industry trends, solutions, and technologies.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to IT Business Systems Analysis processes, procedures and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of business systems analysis experience, including an advanced understanding of the software development life cycle, requirement modeling, process mapping techniques, system design, analysis, and development methodologies, and quality assurance testing methodologies.
- Broad technical background familiar with various software architecture patterns, mobile and enterprise operating systems (i.e. Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, OS400/i5OS), relational/document database technologies (i.e. MySQL, SQL Server, Dynamo),
- Experience preparing and/or executing business and technical requirements, specifications, user manuals, test plans, test scripts and test cases is also necessary.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is required.
- Advanced user of Atlassian suite (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) for creating and managing project/initiative artifacts (e.g. Epics, User Stories, functional/technical requirements, test cases, defects).
- Proficient in Microsoft office and administrative software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Teams, Outlook).
- This position requires excellent communication, organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, and with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.