Senior Applications Developer
ConnectShip, Inc., a UPS subsidiary, builds multi-carrier transportation and logistics software solutions. Our products include on-premises and cloud-based transportation APIs as well as shipping and visibility solutions.
About Applications Development at ConnectShip:
We are looking for talented and motivated software engineers to join our innovative team. This small, dynamic, and flexible environment offers a unique opportunity to showcase your many talents by participating in sophisticated software design and architecture, collaborative, complex problem solving, and emerging development technologies.
About this role:
The Senior Applications Developer will need to have experience working on medium to complex agile projects. In this role, the candidate will be eliciting, analyzing, and communicating very closely with cross-functional teams, business as well as vendor teams. He/she will be creating and managing detailed written business and functional requirements, participate in sprint planning, story grooming, Program Increment (PI) planning sessions, and periodic reviews of requirements based on the product roadmap.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designs and develops software, and supports development process through architecture, coding and debugging
- Participates in product/software strategy, design, and technical architecture definitions to align solutions with business needs
- Monitors current and emerging technologies, trends, and tools
- Interacts with other functions and departments (requirements, QA, deployment, build team, support and integration, etc.) throughout the software development life cycle
- Proficient in C#/.NET
- Experience with Azure, AWS, GCP, or other cloud platform technologies
- Experience with Docker preferred
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps processes
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principles and modern development technologies
- Database design experience (SQL Server and Oracle preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law