Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a Company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Senior Cloud Administrator under minimal supervision leads the Cloud Engineering practice with a focus on the setup, configuration and support of the virtual infrastructure while supporting our Application Development and Product Teams. Additionally, ensures the timely and accurate provisioning of cloud Infrastructure Services to provide a stable, automated, scalable and highly available environment to support critical business applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements virtual hardware (instances) and applications (web containers, databases, etc.) on the AWS platform that are secure and reliable including disaster recovery architecture, operations and highly-available server and network architecture.
- Participates in defining the infrastructure development lifecycle and collaborating to continuously improve the practice. Enables the infrastructure development lifecycle by mentoring junior engineers.
- Evaluates, and advises on the DevOps practice using continuous integration and experience with open source and DevOps tools.
- Leads the design, deployment and administration of the best possible cloud IT environment, with priority focus on usability, security and scalability
- Leads complex projects with the Cloud Engineering team
- Designs and develops highly available and scalable platforms with a focus on automating all phases of the process using scripting languages, software development, and automation platforms
- Takes direction from Management, Engineering, Architecture, and senior staff
- Mentors and trains Cloud Engineer I and II’s
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Completes work in a timely manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Evaluates functional and technical business requirements and transforms requirements into infrastructure solutions. Identifies improvements to the process for gathering and documenting requirements. Implements consistent delivery of requirements across all deployed systems.
- Designs and develops highly available and scalable platforms with a focus on automating all phases of the process using scripting languages, software development, and automation platforms.
- Collaborates with product teams, operations management and business stakeholders to optimize system feedback.
- Utilizes a broad range of sources to identify opportunities that improve Discount Tire's systems capabilities; including industry trends, research organizations, user groups, and technical conferences.
- Creates a safe atmosphere for testing ideas. Coordinates across teams to quickly develop concepts and participates in the evaluation. Influences teams that are developing and/or testing an innovation opportunity. Makes recommendations for improvements.
- This position requires a minimum of five years hands on experience of IT Infrastructure and Cloud Engineering with experience in Infrastructure design, automation and administration.
- Proven knowledge in cloud virtualization platforms like Amazon Web services platforms (i.e. EC2, S3, CloudFormation, OpsWorks, IAM, RDS, Redshift, Lambda) Microsoft VMM, Windows Azure
- Understanding and hands on experience of virtualization software such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of many Operating System platforms including Windows Server, Linux, Red Hat Linux and how each performs in a virtualized system.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and Visio are necessary
- Retail (IT) experience preferredKnowledge of SAP HANA and SIOS Clustering Software preferred
- Advanced understanding in building complex CI/CD pipelines with automated build tools including Atlassian, Jenkins, Chef, Microsoft SCCM/DSC, AWS CloudFormation and cfn-init.
- Broad technical and practical skills with common Cloud systems including but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Linux, Microsoft Windows Server, Virtualization/VMware, Server Clustering, Network Protocols.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to build professional relationships with cross functional teams.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions is essential.
- Ability to influence and provide consistent results across all levels of the organization is imperative.
- Troubleshooting and organizational skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Proficient in use of Version Control Software such as Bitbucket or GIT
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications preferred. AWS Associate (Solutions Architect, Developer or SysOps Admin) Certification is required.
- Linux Certification is required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary. Must be available by phone during assigned on-call hours
Normal scheduled shifts stagger between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary