SNI Technology's client located in Denver, CO is actively looking to hire a Senior Cloud Engineer for an exciting direct-hire opportunity!
As the Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible to architect, plan, implement, operate and document infrastructure related systems that align the business and IT objectives. The projects for this position will be focused primarily around Microsoft & Amazon Web Services core systems, but a working knowledge of SaaS & IaaS solutions, VMWare, storage, telecom and networking is a must.
The position requires strong communications skills with cross functional teams, global team members, business units and IT management. The engineer must have experience in implementing large-scale global projects, creating requirements and scope documents, creating architecture and operations guide documentation, strong presentation skills, developing communications plans, transitioning operational tasks after steady state, training, experience with SaaS & IaaS implementations, creating DR plans, setting up monitoring, vendor management, and experience with solution frameworks.
We are looking for someone who has a passion to learn new technologies and to think outside the box to enhance innovation.
- Good understanding and experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Serve as tier 3 support for, but not limited to: Active Directory core services, Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure AD, SSO/SAML, Windows Server, SQL Server, Azure, ASP.NET, IIS, etc.
- AWS RDS, Ec2, S3, ELB, VPN, Terraform, CloudWatch, Datadog
- ProofPoint, OpenDNS, Malwarebytes, Redlock, Netscope
- Nutanix, VMware VDI, DaaS
- Regular communication with global team members around projects and issues
- Work on problem resolution and tier 3 incidents
- Provides regular cross training to tier 2 and tier 1 team members
- Actively volunteer to assist other team members with issues, projects and maintenance.
- Promote standardization using existing ITIL based processes including Change Management to further the goals of the global department.
- Daily operational duties of monitoring and managing the ticket queue
- Project delivery
- Assists in the long term roadmap development for the IT Infrastructure department.
- Document architecture and operations guide
- Present project options to senior management
- Developing communications plan
- Transition operational tasks to the operations team
- Create DR plans
- Consider on premise, SaaS, IaaS or a hybrid approach
- Communicate project risk to IT management, PMO and project sponsor
- Retire systems that are being replaced
- Consolidate services when applicable
- Create vendor scorecard
- Provide IT recommendations to solve business problems
- Provide long term upgrade planning to maintain software and hardware at stable supportable
- Document system dependencies for major upgrades.
- Manage technical projects using established project management methodologies.
- Support and promote the use of virtualization environments to reduce physical hardware.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and response for systems using monitoring and alerting tools.
- Ensure supporting services are working appropriately (such as DHCP, DNS, data replication, etc.)
- Ensure ongoing compliance and assist in the renewal process for support, maintenance and licenses.
- Ensure ongoing disaster recovery capability.
- Second and/or third shift work could be required during incident resolution and major changes.
- Help improve stability of environment.
- Raise operational risks to the management team.
- On call responsibilities
- Demonstrate solid understanding of Microsoft clustering and Load Balancing (WNLB and F5's).
- Recommend and implement global architectural upgrades and changes.
- Very customer focused. Presentations and explanation of technologies in various forums will be required.
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation of the platform.
- Must be systems and process oriented, and a self-motivated learner.
- Experience with following change management process.
- Experience with enterprise storage technologies
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Expert in AWS platform configuration, maintenance and support.
- Ability to multitask and excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience with Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Domain, Cognito authentication services.
- Expertise in SPAM and virus solutions.
- Expertise in performance monitoring and mail flow troubleshooting.
- Expertise with Office 365.
- Expertise with designing, upgrading and administering a global Active Directory environment.
- Experience with AD branch office design.
- Expertise with ADFS, ILM, AD trust, forest\child domain architecture, AD Sites and Services, AD integrated DNS, Public DNS, LDAP, DHCP, GPO, groups, AD permissions, AD delegation, and PowerShell scripting
- Expertise with AD tools (PowerShell, resource pack, AD administrative tools, PowerGUI, log parser, support tools, pstools, process explorer, account lockout, robocopy, etc.).
- Expertise with SSO solutions.
- Expertise with backing up and restoring AD.
- Expertise with backing up and restoring Exchange.
- Expertise with SaaS email journaling.
- Expertise with SSL certificates (wild card, UCS, etc.)
- Expertise with designing, upgrading, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Lync (IM, web conferencing, content sharing, video conferencing, audio conferencing, enterprise voice, Lync across devices).
- Experience with SOX and SEC regulations.