The primary purpose of this job is to develop and execute a strategic plan for the applicable commodity ensuring leveraged corporate spend, quality, on time delivery and supplier performance.
This key position is responsible for building and implementing commodity strategies to leverage Integer's global buy to optimize supplier performance, reduce total supply costs, and improve quality and delivery across the supply chain. The Senior Commodity Manager will provide leadership in the communication, implementation and enforcement of the commodity strategies working closely with multiple Integer sites and cross functional teams.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement long term commodity strategy roadmap for metals with focus on driving material cost optimization initiatives through design, competitive leverage, insourcing/outsourcing, process improvements and best-cost country potential.
- Lead cross functional commodity teams (engineering, supplier quality, quality, supply chain, operations) to determine business needs and drive the execution of the commodity strategic plan.
- Responsible for all strategic supplier management activities, including understanding of supplier markets and trends, supplier selection and sourcing process management, price control and negotiations.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement supply agreements based on continuous improvements in all areas of the business.
- Monitor and report compliance to commodity contracts and strategy. Monitor effectiveness of the strategy and make changes where appropriate.
- Be the primary relationship owner for Integer with strategic suppliers, actively manage all aspects of the supplier relationship.
- Manage supplier evaluation programs. Conduct regular performance reviews with suppliers, establish improvement expectations and follow up on progress meeting them.
- Develop and execute plans for the assigned commodities to meet sourcing functional goals such as deflation, free cash flow and supplier on time delivery. Drive project execution and recovery actions where required.
- Proactively manage supplier risks. Develop and implement strategies to mitigate supply chain risks.
- Actively seek and introduce new supplier technology and advancements in materials, processes, equipment that will reduce total cost and help build competitive advantage for Integer.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure that budgeting, standards, and savings data is accurate for the metal commodities.
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related discipline is required. MBA degree is considered a plus.
- Professional certification (CPM, CPSM, 6 Sigma) is a plus.
Minimum Experience: 7 years of experience in sourcing/procurement in manufacturing industries that includes 3 years of commodity management preferably involving metals commodities.
Knowledge & Skills:
Specialized Knowledge: Specific commodity expertise. Negotiating and procurement principles.
- Must have strong, demonstrated negotiation experience/skills.
- Must have project management experience including root cause analysis, cross-functional facilitation.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing commodity strategies resulting in significant financial and operational benefits.
- Demonstrated track record of cost reduction is required.
- ERP experience (hands-on and in-depth understanding of procurement is a must, MRP, production control applications is desired).
- Strong understanding of all crucial areas of the business and how supply chain / sourcing interacts with other functions.
- Experience in strategic sourcing approaches including value chain analysis, cost models, ESI, partnership development.
- Direct experience in complex supplier contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying relevant sourcing tools, policies and procedures.
- Ability to build supplier relationships at all levels.
- Ability to operate both at strategic and tactical level. Strong strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to apply a long-term view while ensuring day-to-day delivery of results.
- Advanced technical knowledge including various manufacturing processes and the ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Strong sense of accountability. Results oriented, can-do attitude.
- Strong financial acumen especially as related to sourcing and supply chain.
- Detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills.
- Proactive, ability to meet aggressive deadlines and maintain strong internal customer focus required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Recognized inside and outside the organization as subject matter expert.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player. Effectively works with cross-functional teams.
- Open minded and collaborative.
- Excellent self-discipline works under limited supervision.