Senior Configuration Analyst
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Senior Configuration Analyst ensures the configuration of hardware and software, including, but not limited to, personal computers, routers, switches, print servers, mobility and point of sale devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures computer equipment is configured and tested timely and accurately
- Ensures remote access installations and troubleshooting are completed timely and accurately
- Ensures virtual machines (VMWare) are set up and troubleshooting is completed timely and accurately
- Ensures configuration process is documented timely and accurately
- Reviews complex impact assessment, testing and modifications for application updates, upgrades and installations; ensures assessments and testing are completed accurately and timely
- Researches and recommends future computer hardware, software and related peripherals for Company acquisition
- Trains and coaches Configuration Analysts I & II
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to configuration procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires five years desktop support experience with at least three years configuration experience.
- Proven expertise of AS/400 operating system, Service Now ticketing system and Ivanti is required.
- Proven expertise in preparing and/or executing test plans, test scripts and test cases is necessary.
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of system performance, equipment capability and data security is required.
- Proven critical thinking skills, including, but not limited to, analytical, trouble-shooting, and problem solving skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- This position requires an associate’s degree or equivalent experience. A bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or similar is preferred.
- Ivanti, VMWare or A+ certifications are required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary. Schedules are subject to change.