The primary purpose of this position is to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. This position will apply sound judgment when making adaptations and/or modifications to machinery, test and measurement equipment and/or systems. Ensures Integer internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
2. Leverages manufacturing knowledge and expertise to review and assess new and existing processes for lean manufacturing opportunities to achieve cost savings targets.
3. Leads and implements new approaches to problems encountered. Leads the continuous improvement and lean implementation efforts.
4. Drives tooling/equipment project focusing on manufacturability while improving yields.
5. Develops new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement.
6. Plans/develops engineering projects concerned with unique or high-profile problems which have important effect on major organization programs.
7. Maintains liaison with individuals and business units within or outside their organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to their field.
8. Reviews and approves Engineering drawings, layouts, change orders and specifications. Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
9. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project.
10. Participates and may lead cross-functional project teams. Influences others in implementing creative solutions and drives manufacturing and product transfer activities.
11. Executes validation protocols and conducts appropriate inspection/testing products, processes and materials.
12. Supports test function for system hardware, software and test data manipulation projects. Provides accurate estimations and reports of all test processes.
13. Prepares all necessary paperwork, change requests and documentation for all projects undertaken.
14. Independently performs assignments; receiving instructions only regarding general results.
15. Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of major scope.
16. May mentor and lead work of lower level Engineers.
Bachelor's degree in related field. Master's degree preferred. Mechanical/Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
7-10 years of experience
Excellent analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Advanced statistical knowledge. Knowledge of Lean Methodology.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities. Strong ability to act as a mentor and coach. Ability to work in a team environment. Advanced problem solving skills. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.